It's been a long time since I actually wrote anything worth reading. And people are asking why I haven't been writing. (Can I use the inherent-laziness excuse once more?)
Anyway, I grew an year older over the weekend. :)
AP wished me on Thursday itself, as he had Friday and Saturday off. On Friday, SM got a few people around for a little 'party' :) She gifted me a duck-shaped soft toy, as it reminded her of me. (When I thought about it, well, it did have my expression :P).
I never expected it, and was completely taken by surprise. It was fun, though it was the first time I was asked to blow a torch-light off :)
The actual D-day (maybe I should say B-day!) went in Navaratri arrangements and a visit to my grandparents' place, followed by a small outing with grandma. Oh, and in answering calls asking how I was. I'd had a cold and a slight fever, but the news that had spread had my condition much worse.
What with my brother and his wife wishing me, my cousin calling me from Andaman (where he's on a vacation) with instructions which I followed to find the gifts he'd gotten for me, an old friend wishing me (before even brushing her teeth!), and NR a.k.a. CB, PM and AJ wishing me(and asking me to be like a singing clown), I had a great day.
Oh, I'm just wondering what I remind people of. First, the duck. Then, one of my cousin's gift. Maybe I should post some photos, so you can see for yourself and hypothesize why...
And having been away from the TV the whole day, I asked KR about the matches for the day. AP had told me there was to be a Chelsea match, and there was Real Madrid match too. I thought of watching a match if I could stay awake, but KR told me that Chelsea had won 4-2, and asked if I was a fan. I told him I was a Madridista, and asked him if he was a Chelsea fan too (he's an Arsenal fan). He replied that he "hate Chelsea more than ManU" :) (When I told my cousin this, she asked me, "How can anyone hate ManU?". I assured her that quite a few people did!)
On a different note, yesterday went majorly in the heavy lunch at my aunt's place.
And I spoke to SM - I'd been telling her that I was not the girly, soft-toy type, and she'd been telling me that she'd gotten the toy precisely because of that. And then, she asked me what the deal was with my pillow - my cousin had gifted me a little pillow with a smiley on it, and I got it to my hostel room. Now SM thinks that I am actually all girly, with loads of stuff in pink, with soft toys and cushions and all. :(
I also spoke to I-man after ages, and he's promised me Christmas cake along with chicken fried rice, when I go to his house for Christmas, once he sends me the tickets :) (Wow!!! That would mean a Cochin trip!) When I told him I wanted to go on a ship, he said we'd have to make one :)
Anyway, I've also asked him to keep practising his violin (he has just about 8 years of experience), so he could jam with me when I play my guitar (which is gathering dust, and on which I'm still languishing at the top few frets!) :D
Anyway, I'm sleepy again :) So guess I should wind up - I know I've again written something not really worth reading, and am seriously thinking that I should actually write something better, but it's just gone on to the long list of things I have to do...
Monday, October 22, 2012
Thursday, October 11, 2012
- you find yourself carrying some heavy books around, only to realize you don't really need them, and had actually intended to leave them at home
- the lady who works in the canteen reminds you to eat first, and says you can think and read later
- you wait for a while for your lunch, only to be told it will be delayed further, and finally end up eating something other than what you'd ordered. (especially if some curd is involved! )
- you get up early in the morning, and manage to get ready early, only to get into a bus which stops before your stop, and then after your stop, with the result that you run to your actual stop only to find out that you've missed your bus by a minute
- you realize you need to be helped by as many as three people to climb a wall, and then have to complete the climb by literally lying down and hanging from the wall. (and feeling twice-blest like the quality of mercy, having been helped climbing up and then climbing down)
- your best friend calls you after more than a fortnight just to find out if you're awake and watching the Clasico
- when your auto-driver asks you why you want to bunk a class, when you're awake early and have sufficient time to get ready
- when you get weird dreams where you leave your bag in a bus, and get down to take an auto to catch the same bus at the next stop, only to be left stranded when the girl driving the auto suddenly goes to sleep in a shop and refuses to get up, despite your pleas that you have to catch the bus as your bag is in it
- you have to think twice before telling someone how good they were looking
- your friend thinks you have a major crush on someone just because you write about them and exchange books with them. (only solace being not termed a cougar this time :P)
- your friend reminds you of the many barriers you need to cross (especially one involving a dog) before you can get your books back from him
- you finally get to see your friend playing football, but only when your bus is crossing the football ground
- you're still reading the same book after three days
- somebody tells you you can seduce them, but won't tell you how