Friday, January 20, 2012

Some memories

Reading Manu's post made me think of my school days  and how much I enjoyed them.

I remember taking part in Fancy Dress competitions (and other competitions too, but I'll save that for another day)...

One of my memories is going as 'Phoolan Deavi", the Bandit Queen. I remember practising my dialogue(s) (in Hindi, that too, to make it all the more authentic... learnt from a neighbour), terrorizing my family with my tone and the toy gun I held in my hand... The day of the competition arrived, and upon reaching the mic, I ended up losing what little confidence I had, and instead of roaring "Thakuuuuuuuuuuur", as I'd practised, I ended up meekly asking him "Thakur" (I nearly added a please, so you can imagine...)

But then, I'm not alone in this. One of our family tales is that of my brother going as Superman in his KG days. He claims he'd been suffering from fever, and that was why the 'incident' happened. I don't know the actual reason. But I did hear that my brother, instead of saying "If you need any help, call me", said "If you want, you can help me"

There were other times when I went as a 'Statue of Justice', as a tea-plucker and even as a Manipuri Doll...

Though my stage fear always got the better of me, these are the moments that go into the making of the family legends, and so be it.

It's time to continue reminiscing, but offline, and in another place...

Adios, folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment